Happy Friday Joy Chasers!!!
Today is sort of like a holiday for me. Today is my Dad’s Birthday. He would have been 74 years old. There are many noteworthy men that I partake in celebrating either by having a day off from work, taking advantage of a special sale, or attending an event, throughout the year. Men like Presidents Lincoln and Washington, Martin Luther King and Christopher Columbus. However, none of these men have had as much influence and direct impact on my life as my dad, Bill Hartie. So today, in my world, in addition to being #FlashbackFriday, it is Bill Hartie Day.
I bet you are wondering how I will be celebrating Bill Hartie Day. Here are a few celebratory acts that I may partake in that I know my dad would approve of:
- Do a jig dance
- Take a Day off work (I happen to already be off this time)
- Eat cake with ice cream
- Watch a western, something related to the nazis, or an old TV show like the Andy Griffth Show
- Read scripture or some sort of bible study
- Sleep late aka “Get Your Good Rest”
- Invite some Mormons or Jehovah’s Witnesses in for a chat and watch them squirm (I will pass on that one)
- Watch some sort of sporting event on TV and when one of the players makes a mistake accuse him of wearing pink panties.
- Have good food, like a steak.
- A little gambling
- Wear something red.
- Pretty much any activity that is fun and does not involve being sad.
Chrystina Noel: My 10 Favorite Pictures of Philadelphia, which showed me different views of my own city!