I met Mickey Mouse and hung out with the folks from Disney!!!
Last week I had the best night ever. I had the opportunity to have dinner with a bunch of Philadelphia area bloggers and the social media team from Disney. It was an amazing experience. For starters, I was honored to even be invited to dinner. As a blogger and social media influencer I often feel like I’m talking to myself. It’s nice to know that people are reading and being inspired by my posts here and on social media. Also, It is really nice to be on the radar of an awesome brand like Disney.
Disney invited us to dinner so that they could tell us about the great new things happening in the Parks and to give us some information about the Disney Dreamers program.
I have never been to Disneyland or Disney World. I have not even been on a Disney cruise. I’ve always wanted to go. Unfortunately my family didn’t have the finances to take us on vacations like that when I was a kid. I always had it in my mind that I would take my kids when I have them. For some reason I always thought of Disney as a place to go as or with kids.
Well last week’s dinner changed my mind. After hearing about the amazing new attractions coming to the park I can’t wait to go. As a matter of fact, because I love lists so much, below is a list of the five reasons I have to go to Disney.
- Happiest Place on Earth – Disney is supposed to be the happiest place on earth and I write about happiness so clearly we are a perfect match. Seriously Disney is about optimism, hope, fairy tales, fantasy, and happily ever after. With so much negativity in the world the concept of going somewhere and being completely immersed in happiness sounds amazing!
- Avatar Inspired Attractions – I do not love sci-fi movies. However, when Avatar came out I actually saw it twice in the theater. The story line was good but what blew me away was the beauty. To this day Avatar is still the most beautiful movie I have ever seen. The movie’s world, Pandora, was simply amazing. I knew back then that it would have to become an attraction here on earth. Disney has done just that. The Avatar themed attractions come complete with floating mountains, the Na’vi river, and rides on the back of a Mountain Banshee. I need to go there.
- Animal Kingdom – Having never been to Disney before I did not know much about the different parks. Well at dinner last week I learned that the Avatar attractions reside in Animal Kingdom. But that’s not all. There are also attractions like The Tree Of Life Awakening and Rivers of Light that illuminate at sunset. If you know me in real life I love anything that sparkles or has pretty lights. The Animal Kingdom is the place for me.
- Childhood dream – Like I said above, my parents did not have the money to take us to Disney. None of my friends were going either. The only people I knew of who went to Disney were people on TV or the few people that I thought of as rich. I have imaged taking my kids there since then.
- Disney Without Kids – So I have been putting off Disney because I don’t have kids and imagine going once I do. But just last year a friend of mine told me she went with her sister. Just the two of them, adults, running around Disney. She said they had a great time. Since then I have been thinking I should go too. At diner last week I learned that not only do adults go to Disney without kids there is a name for them. They are called DWOKs (Disney Without Kids). I want to be a DWOK!