I can’t believe tomorrow is September first. This summer is going way too fast. School has already started or will be starting in a few days in most of the country. Even though I don’t have kids yet and am not taking classes a new school year still makes me feel like a fresh start. Its kind of like having a second New Year so why not make some New School Year Resolutions.
Did you set any New Year resolutions back in January? I honestly don’t even remember if I set any. I will need to check my December and January blog posts to see. But it really doesn’t matter. I’m going to make some New School Year Resolutions based on what’s important to me right now. If you want to revise your January resolutions for your New School Year Resolutions by all means do it. This is your fall fresh start too!
Here are a few of my New School Year Resolutions
- Get to church once a month. Church has never been an easy place for me to go. I had mad a lot of progress in that area in the last couple of years. But honestly I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things since my mom died. That was one of the things we did together most of the time. But, I know how important faith practices are to Chasing Joy so I will keep working on it.
- IVF! The plan is for me to have IVF by the end of the year. That means I need to do a few things so I have some mini resolutions
- Weight Loss – I have to have a BMI below 40 because of the anesthesia during the egg retrieval. I have lost about 10 lbs and have another 10 to go.
- Workout without hurting myself – I upped my workout intensity to speed up my weight loss. I ended up hurting myself barely being able to walk for a few days. This has completely stalled my weight loss. So lesson learned.
- Take my supplements on time – There are more than a couple of supplements and medications that I am taking to improve my egg quality, quantity, and chances for successful pregnancy. I am good about taking them every day. But I usually forget to take them at work and end up taking them all in the evening. That’s not how it’s supposed to go.
- Launch the Chasing Joy project that I am working on for you guys!!!
- Stop being late for the day job. My whole day goes better if I get there on time.
Does the New School Year make you feel like making a fresh start? What are your New School Year Resolutions?