Well this Furlough ish is really going down. A few weeks ago I told you about how the powers that be were talking about F-ing with my money and cutting government workers hours by 80%, well they done gone and done it 🙁
Today is the first day of my reduced work schedule. While I am afraid of what my first furlough paycheck will look like, I am not going to let this furlough steal my joy. Instead I’m going to focus on the bright side like I mentioned before. So here are 5 things I’m looking forward to enJoying during the furlough.
- Showing up to work when I feel like it. Well sort of. Instead of having to be to work each day at 7 am like normal. I can arrive any time between 6:30 am and 9:00 am. I’m still going to aim for 7 but I’m sure I’ll take advantage and get some extra sleep here and there.
- Jokes, Jokes Jokes. Lots of people including me find humor to be a great source of stress release. I expect the furlough jokes to be frequent and funny.
- Happy Hour and Center City Sips. I don’t work in center city. So when I try to go downtown for happy hour normally I can only catch the very end. Now I’ll be getting off work in plenty of time for Vodka & Cranberry and Margarita specials.
- Friday’s off! My old work schedule had Friday’s off and that has not changed. A four day work week is always a blessing.
- Gym time. I can go to the gym during the time I’d normally still be at work. Of course this will be on the afternoons when I’m not throwing back drinks at happy hour 🙂