You know that feeling you get when you approach your work place on Monday morning. You feel the dread as you get closer. You start thinking of all the projects you did not finish on Friday, the emails, and voicemails that will be waiting for you. Oh how you wish you were still in bed. How did the weekend go so fast? How can it be Monday all ready? This is commonly known as having “a case of the Mondays”.
I felt myself coming down with a case of the Mondays this morning as I approached my building. However, I decided not today. To fight off the case of the Mondays I was coming down with. I started to think up all the reasons I should have a Joy filled Monday. Here is what I came up with.
I am happy this Monday because:
1. I woke up.
2. So did my pets (this is something you think about when you have and old dog and an old cat)
3. I awoke without pain or discomfort.
4. I woke up in a cool house (thanks to air conditioning) that I own, without fear of foreclosure or eviction.
5. I arrived safely to work without car trouble.
6. I have a decent job that allows me to provide for myself
7. I do not hate my job and enjoy the company of most of my co-workers.
8. My supervisor is off on Mondays so I can ease into my work week.
9. I can get back into my healthy eating and exercise routine (the weekend is always harder)
10. I am one day closer to the weekend 🙂
Take precaution against coming down with a case of the Mondays. Tell me, why is today a Joy Filled Monday (or Tuesday or whatever day you read this) for you???