Hey Guys! Happy Monday! I hope you guys had a good weekend? Did you watch the superbowl? I didn’t really watch. I flipped back and forth between the game and catching up on my favorite youtubers (Thank you Wii for allowing me to watch youtube on the TV.) while I sent out the thank you email to the people who came to the Chasing Joy Brunch & Learn. Speaking of the Chasing Joy Brunch & Learn today’s post is the #CJBL Recap!!!
Last Saturday, 1/28, was the Chasing Joy Brunch & Learn. This was actually the 5th #CJBL but the first one in two years. I had to take that two year break from hosting the brunch for family reasons so I was super excited to bring it back. I couldn’t be happier with how the brunch turned out. An event can only be as good as the attendees and the #CJBL attendees were awesome! They came with energy and positive attitudes. They were ready to network with each other, make friends, and ask questions during the presentations.
Guys this was the first brunch where I was one of the speakers. The idea behind the brunch is two fold. One, to help those who interact with Chasing Joy online (blog, facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc..) to connect with each other to build community. Two, to bring speakers that can educate us on ways to Chase Joy and have more happiness. So normally I act as a hostess but this time I, yes I I I I I I was a speaker. I shared some of the strategies that I have developed over the last 7 years of Chasing Joy. I call them the Pillars of Joy and I talked about them for a whole hour. This is a major accomplishment for me because public speaking is not my favorite thing to do.
Biba, from The Vision Board Experience, spoke during the second half of the brunch. She helped us to understand what it means if we don’t think we have a vision. **Spoiler alert** you probably do have a vision it is likely just too big for you to recognize. She then shared some insights on how to take that vision and put it on a vision board. One of her tips that I needed to hear is that your vision board should have mostly pictures on it and not a lot of words. My past vision boards have had a lot of words. The reason you want more pictures is because the pictures help you to visualize. Get it, visualize – Vision Board, get it?
We were honored to have some awesome giveaways from our sponsors. Check out the list on the Events page. Writer Chanelle aka Photographer Chanelle was a sponsor and also our awesome photographer. I have already shared her pictures on the Chasing Joy Facebook page but here are a few of my favorites.
Here are a few of my favorite things/ moments about the bunch.
- I loved loved loved my cake from Bredenbecks. They were one of our sponsors. I send them my logo and they put my Running Girl on the cake. I did not expect them to do that. I thought they would just get color and inspiration from the logo I did not think they would put it my running girl on the cake!!!
- We had a couple of guys as attendees this time. This is the first time we have had men at the brunch. Being a female my goal is to empower and encourage other women. However I don’t think that my message of Chasing Joy is particularly girly so I enjoyed having some testosterone in the room.
- I always love the networking game and watching everyone get to know each other. Similar to previous years the winner killed the game and it was over too soon. I have to come up with some harder games for you guys.
- I also really enjoyed the Q & A session about vision boards. The questions were so thought provoking and helped everyone in the room including myself.
- Lastly I am very proud of the fact that I launched my new Joy Makeover program. Chasing Joy has come a long way in 7 years and the brunch and this new program are evidence of the growth.
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Brunch and to all of the sponsors. You guys made the day great!!! The next Chasing Joy event should be a Spa Day in May. Stay tuned for details and email me if you would like to be a sponsor and get your products or marketing materials into the hands of #CJBL attendees. I hope you enjoyed this #CJBL Recap but there is nothing like being in the building. I hope to see you at the next event. For those of you who were there what was your favorite moment???