On Saturday I had the privileged of attending the Praise 103.9’s Inspiration & Music Conference. The conference was great. There were workshops, vendors, followed by a concert. I was not able to stay for the concert but I did go to several workshops including the Q & A with Mary Mary. The Q & A with The Marys was a highlight for me as I love their show on WeTv. It was an informative and inspiring day, one living up to the name of the event.
I invited my brother to come along with me to the conference. He was an excellent choice. We were able to split up for the first set of workshops. I attended Single and Saved while he attended Marriage Beyond the Vows.
Here are my takeaways from Single and Saved:
- Lots of us who are single say we are ready to have a relationship. But are you really? Are their parts of you that are not ready? What are you doing to prepare yourself for a partner? Ask yourself, what is it like to live with me???
- None of us are perfect. Know the parts of you that are a mess so you can work on them.
- Your relationship with yourself is non-negotiable. Learn to love yourself.
- Be comfortable in your singleness. Take advantage of the fact that you have time to focus on yourself, your relationship with God, and the things that God has placed in your life like Chasing Joy. Now is the time to focus on things that would suffer if your attention was divided.
- When you have mastered your relationship with God and yourself God will see that you are ready for additional relationships. When this has happened and when God decides that it is not good for you to be alone He will send your partner.
- We all have issues from our past that can get in the way of having a relationship or a successful one. Regarding those issues we need to uncover and discover so we can recover so that you are ready for a healthy relationship.