It’s been a few weeks since the big sale (See Devil’s workshop going out of Business…. Everything Inspired by Negativity Must go!!!) I have gotten rid of a lot of the negativity by filling my idle time. However, the Devil’s workshop still has some negative inventory. I figured it’s time for an update.
Here is my previous list of things I have always wanted to do:
• Take Ballet – I took a class (See Ready For My Tutu). It was a great experience. I got confidence from the experience. I cannot say I loved Ballet. But I love the fact that I tried something that I always wanted to do but was afraid to do.
• Go to a Hockey game – I have looked into this. Flyer’s tickets are more expensive than I thought. I still plan to get to a game though.
• Volunteer – This was the winning choice on the which activity should I do next poll that you readers responded too. I have started to give this some though but I have not decided what type of volunteer opportunity to pursue.
• Visit Bermuda – Cruise is booked!!! I am really excited.
• Bet on horses at the race track – Maybe I’ll try this in the spring. It’d be nice to sit outside and watch the races.
• Take a boudoir picture – I am not ready for this one yet.
• Write a book – I have not actively started on this yet. However, my cousin did mention something about turning this blog into a book. That’s a great compliment.
• Go to Disney world – Not yet in my immediate plans
• Go to the Oprah show – I signed up with the Oprah website for the drawings for show tickets. I hope I’m lucky enough to draw tickets before her last show.
• Dye my hair red – I have been discussing this with my stylist. This should be happening pretty soon. I’m going for a rinse because that won’t require bleaching my hair.
• Be able to jog 3 miles nonstop – Working on this. I am up to about 1 mile non-stop
• Do men’s pushups – working on this as well. I still cannot do one yet. I do pushups of the wall or bench or on my knees. I also do the Wii Fit which has a plank exercise that will help condition me for the pushups.
• Fit into a single digit size – I do have a ways to go on this one. But the jogging and pushups will help me get there, along with taking better care of myself in general. (See My Body My Temple…Or My Body My Minimally Maintained Shelter??? )
Here is the list of things suggested to me:
• Checking out new exercises – I think the ballet falls under this. I also started Zumba classes a few months ago. I Love zumba. I am interested in a Bollywood style dance class.
• Planning events like dinners and movies with friends – I have been doing this much more often.
• Reading – I’ve always like to read but I have not really considered how I can use reading to find my joy. I need to look into this more
• Music – I took the time to identify some songs that do make me happy regardless of what else is happening (see Joy Playlist). I am going to make an effort to find more songs to add to the list
• a good laugh – I’m always looking for this. It happens most often while spending time with friends.
• Take a nice walk – I did this the other day. I need to do it more often for me and my dog’s benefit.
• Wash your favorite sheets, mix ½ block of Velveeta with 1 can of Rotel , turn on comedy central, sit in bed and laugh at off color jokes all day – Tried this with slight variations and loved it (see I am Worth the Cheese Dip)
• Set a goal…and reach it – I have not decided on a goal yet.
• Dance in the mirror naked or with just underwear – Not yet!!! Maybe soon
• Put on a fashion show for myself – Not yet. I am thinking this would be a great thing to combine with cleaning out my closet.
• Helping someone – I did have the opportunity to help a fried with her resume. While I was not really looking forward to spending my free time doing this. It did make me feel really good to help her and know that maybe I had a small hand in her finding her next career move.
• Tennis – Not yet, but I think this was a really good suggestion
• Meetup.com – I’ll have to check this site out. I think it may be a good way to meet new people
• Regular spa treatments – This is a great suggestion. I usually go to the spa every year on my birthday. I just did it and it was great. I do think I should treat myself more than once a year.
Here are a few things I would like to add to my list:
• Take a cake decorating class
• See the Lion King
• See Wicked
• See Cats (I don’t know if this is even possible)
• Go to a nice aquarium
I am sure I’ll think of other activities as I rid myself of negativity and idle time and shut down the Devil’s Workshop. Also please give me your ideas. I’ll try them (within reason). Waiting for your suggestions.