Happiness belongs to everyone. It is not a resource that can be used up. There is enough of it for all of us.
Unfortunately for many of us not being happy about what we see in the mirror can be a huge road block on the way to Joy and happiness. While looks should not matter, we all know that they do. That’s why liking what you see in the mirror is so important. Feeling good about yourself and confident in your appearance is such an important element of having a Joyful life.
Finding Joy in ones appearance is important for all of us but super important for teenagers who are adjusting to changing bodies, hormones, and responsibilities That’s why I’m happy to share with you that Invisalign is now available for teens and preteens. (Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.) Invisalign aligners are similar to brace except they are clear and basically invisible I have never had braces but a few of my family members and friends have had them. Braces on teens often represent just another thing to feel insecure about. Something else that makes them feel like they are different or stand out. Luckily, now, Invisalign is another choice that is available for today’s teens and preteens.
While I’m sure braces in general have changed and improved since I was a teenager, removable aligners like Invisalign and Invisalign Teen offer some great advantages. One of the main things I remember my friends complaining about regarding their braces were the diet restrictions. They could not eat gum, certain sticky candies or basically anything that could get caught in their teeth. With Invisalign, the aligners are taken out at meal time, removing all food restrictions. Teens can eat whatever their friends are eating and not worry about being different.
|People with straight teeth may have more Joy!|
One of the first times I remember feeling really grown up and liking what I saw in the mirror was my junior prom. I was smiling in every picture and not giving a second thought about my teeth. I am sure my peers who were wearing braces were not so at ease smiling for the camera. This would be another occasion when Invisalign Teen’s removable aligners would come in handy. Invisalign can make prom and school dance jitters a little less since they can be removed for special occasions.
If you are considering helping your teen feel better about the way they look by improving their smile, or maybe even improving your own smile, with braces, here are a few facts about Invisalign compared to braces that you should consider.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners made of lightweight plastic that sit smoothly on the teeth allowing for a more comfortable fit and they work as effectively as traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign works the same way as braces. Force is applied to the tooth forcing it to move into the proper position.
- While Invisalign is newly available for teens and preteens it has been around since 1999.
- If your teen plays sports they are less likely to have a serious injury if hit in the face while wearing Invisalign than braces.
- Everyone is different and there are many factors that determine the cost of Invisalign. But, in most cases, Invisalign is comparable in cost to traditional braces. Check out the Cost Calculator.
- Most dental insurances plans cover Invisalign.
- The Invisalign aligners must be worn 22 hours a day and have an indicator that helps parents to know if their teen is wearing them as indicated.
- The aligners can be cleaned with a toothbrush and water.
- If you are considering Invisalign for your teen, preteen, or yourself consult with an Invisalign doctor as they are up on the latest technologies that your dentist may not be aware of.