It’s Feel Good Friday and I’m feeling mighty good because I just returned from vacation. Vacation was relaxing, interesting, and exciting. I’ll post some pictures and go into detail about my vacation in another post. But for now I want to talk to you about vacations in general, and why you should spend this feel Good Friday planning your next one.
• Vacations give you something to look forward to. I enjoyed talking about and researching info prior to my vacation almost as much as I enjoyed my actual vacation.
• Vacations improve your mental health. They remove you from your everyday routine including routine tension and stress.
• Vacations can improve relationships by causing people to spend more quality time together pursuing fun and provide shared memories.
• Vacations can inspire creativity by introducing people to new things, other cultures and other ways of thinking.
• Vacations cause can increase productivity. Taking time off forces you to get more done in shorter time. I can testify to this personally. I got more things done at work the day before my vacation than I did that entire week.
• Vacations give you the opportunity to meet new people.
• Vacations can ignite your spirit of Adventure by offering activities you would not otherwise seek out like bungee jumping, snorkeling, parasailing, scuba diving etc…
A vacation does not have to be long or expensive. So instead of thinking about all of the reasons a vacation is not in the cards for you. Review the list above and see all the reasons that you should vacation. I am still Chasing Joy, but we often vacation together. So, on this Feel Good Friday start planning your next vacation. You may find Joy there.