Today is the first #MakeitHappenMonday of 2015. I know we are all knee deep in our resolutions and and goals for the new year. Most of our goals in some way tie back to us being happier and healthier, they do go hand and hand. We want to be more drink more water, get more sleep, become more fit, lose weight, etc…Those are all great things but what I want to encourage you to add to your #MakeitHappenMonday goals this week are health goals that include making doctor’s appointments and looking into and signing up for health insurance if you don’t already have it.
Its only Jan 5th and I’ve already crossed off one unpleasant doctor’s appointment from my list. I went to the eye doctor on Friday, 20/20 baby!. If you follow me on Instagram you know I am relieved. I was terrified and now I don’t have to go back for a year. I already have an appointment scheduled to check out my lady parts later this month. Lastly, one of my #MakeitHappenMonday goals for this week is to make an appointment for the dentist. Luckily I can focus on my health and these appointments without much financial worry because I have health insurance.
If you don’t have health insurance, now is the time to look into getting coverage. Now I am in no way an expert on health coverage but what I am an expert on is making lists, yall know I love making lists. So below is a list of resources (including videos) from United Health Care all about health insurance.
- Health Care Cost Estimator – Put in your age, zip code, and income and a list of health plans you may be eligible for will come up. For a 34 year old female, living in my zip code, who makes $30K, about 5 plans come up.
- The History of Health Insurance – Video
- What is Open Enrollment – Video. Important if you are getting insurance through your employer.
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace? – Video. Important if you are getting insurance on your own.
- Qualifying Life Events – Video. Important if you are getting married or having a baby
- Glossary – Video. Definitions of common health care terms.
- How to choose the right insurance provider – Video
Our happiness and our health are deeply intertwined. It’s hard to feel Joyful when we are not feeling healthy. Now is the time to make our health a priority in 2015. Make those doctor’s appointments and get yourself health insurance if you don’t already have it. I hope these resourced are helpful. Visit United Health Care for even more valuable resources.
This is a sponsored Post. Zig Marketing has provided me with compensation for this post about Untied Health Care’s heath insurance information resources. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.