They are all around us. They look like us, talk like us, and dress like us. They are at our jobs, schools, even our churches. The are our family members and sometimes our friends. They blend in and are often hard to spot. But, there are signs.
- They always have something to complain about
- They always have a reason for not attempting to change negative situations
- They constantly need support but never offer it
- If you have a problem they always have a bigger one
- If you have a goal they are quick to point out the obstacles in your path
- They discourage others from pursuing goals, taking chances, or making change
- They often talk more than they listen during conversations
- Even when they ask your advice they don’t take it and have a reason they know it won’t work
- They are very critical and quick to judge others
- They are overly concerned with things like clothing, status, and gossip
- They are not trustworthy or consistent
- They are more than willing to promote themselves at the expense of others (even those they call a friend)
- They do not keep their word
- They are pessimistic and quick to see the negative in every situation
- They’d get an Oscar for playing the Victim
- They often go by the names Hater, Backstabber , Two Faced of Fake
- The most important Sign, You Always Feel Worse (tired, down, drained or stressed) after spending time with them.
BEWARE THE JOY THIEF!!!! They are everywhere. Learn to spot them and avoid them. Their condition is contagious and you can become infected.
How do you avoid and/or deal with Joy Thieves???
Read More about Joy Thieves: