What do you think of affirmations? Do you do them? Have you had positive response to them?
I like the ideas of affirmations but I don’t really have much experience with them. A couple weeks ago I was saying 10 affirmations several times a day for the Pinterest Project. I have tried to keep it up with them but I have not been doing it daily anymore. Other than 1 of the affirmations making me smile I have not yet had any real positive response to them. My thoughts are that I need to do them longer and I also need to pick affirmations that are more personal.
The only affirmation that I have used at different times since I was in college was “To Blessed To Be Stressed” I don’t know where I first heard or read it but I remember saying it repeatedly when I could not sleep before a big test in college and a different times when I felt stressed. I’d like to find a few more to say regularly.
Here are a few of my own.
- I am enough. Smart enough, pretty enough, kind enough, and brave enough.
- There are great things to come.
- My future is bright.
- God has a plan for me that is greater than anything I can imagine.
- It is OK to make mistakes. God is there to catch me when I fall.
- I eat right and exercise to be my ideal weight.
- I love eating healthy food and it helps me reach my ideal weight.
- I deserve love and I get it in abundance.
- Today, the door is opened for all opportunities for me.
- Money flows into my life abundantly.
- I live in the present and am confident of the future.
What are some affirmations that produced positive change in your life? Did you write your own affirmations?