I hope you had a great Christmas! As my dad would say it wasn’t the year of the bad Christmas. That in itself was an accomplishment considering this was my first Christmas without my mom. Highlights from my Christmas include making a Christmas Card featuring my cats and finishing out #Vlogmas with a crazy Facebook Live video featuring my cousins.
Now it’s time to set ourselves up for a great 2017. To do that we need to be intentional and focused. To help us figure our what to be intentional about and what to focus on, here are 5 questions to ask to prepare yourself for an awesome 2017.
- What are some of your fondest memories from 2016? Take note of what made it special, who you were with and what you were doing. This will give you insight into what kinds of activities give you joy and what relationships add to your happiness.
- What was your low point? Take note of who showed up for you offering support. Also notice who you felt comfortable opening up to during that time. You’ll probably notice some overlap in the people from questions 1 and 2. These people should be your inner circle. These are the relationships that you should invest in in 2017.
- What was your greatest accomplishment and why? This should give you some insight on what is truly important to you. This is the area of your life that you will want to focus your time and resources in in 2017.
- What did it take to achieve it? Use your past success as a benchmark for future goals. Look at what worked and apply those techniques as you develop and work on goals in 2017.
- What is the greatest lesson 2016 taught you? Sometimes our greatest lessons come from our successes. Sometimes they come from our failures. Sometimes these lessons just come from life events. No matter where your lesson came from take note of all that you learned and apply those lessons as you prepare for and throughout 2017.
Don’t you want to prepare yourself for an awesome 2017? How would you answer these questions? I am going to answer some of these questions myself this week on social media so make sure you are following me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.