It’s Feel Good Friday and I’m feeling mighty good because I just returned from vacation. Vacation was relaxing, interesting, and exciting. I’ll post some pictures and go into detail about my vacation in another post. But for now I want to talk to you about vacations in general, and why you should spend this feel Good Friday planning your next one.
• Vacations give you something to look forward to. I enjoyed talking about and researching info prior to my vacation almost as much as I enjoyed my actual vacation.
• Vacations improve your mental health. They remove you from your everyday routine including routine tension and stress.
• Vacations can improve relationships by causing people to spend more quality time together pursuing fun and provide shared memories.
• Vacations can inspire creativity by introducing people to new things, other cultures and other ways of thinking.
• Vacations cause can increase productivity. Taking time off forces you to get more done in shorter time. I can testify to this personally. I got more things done at work the day before my vacation than I did that entire week.
• Vacations give you the opportunity to meet new people.
• Vacations can ignite your spirit of Adventure by offering activities you would not otherwise seek out like bungee jumping, snorkeling, parasailing, scuba diving etc…
A vacation does not have to be long or expensive. So instead of thinking about all of the reasons a vacation is not in the cards for you. Review the list above and see all the reasons that you should vacation. I am still Chasing Joy, but we often vacation together. So, on this Feel Good Friday start planning your next vacation. You may find Joy there.
Susan Silver says
I got to take a vacation a few months ago. It was awesome my friends came up from LA and we drove up to Seattle. We all need a break from time to time.
I have not taken a vacation in such a long time, but I hope to do so, sometme nexet year. So looking forward to it.
So true, vacations are good for us and yet we forget. Hope to take one this year to visit my son in AZ for a week or 10 days. Just been taking one day here and there this year.
Scenes From A Single Mom says
Yes! I am looking forward to my upcoming vacation from work, and although I won't be away, it will be good to spend time with family and friends with no time constraints, and to give some attention to the things I have very little time for when I am working all day long.