Happy Monday guys! I hope you are starting out the week on a positive note. I am trying to but I must admit that it is a challenge. No, I have not come down with a case of the Mondays. My mom has not been feeling well and I am dealing with that helpless feeling. Don’t you hate that? I know to keep praying and trusting God and I also know there are things that I should focus on when life sucks and when life feels out of control. So, I will take my own advice to deal with feeling helpless.
I am setting some goals this week that will help me to take care of myself while dealing with feeling helpless.
- I will continue to watch what I eat. No eating my feelings!
- I will walk on the treadmill today, go for walks during work, and go to Zumba Friday.
- I will communicate with my therapist every day this week (Yes, I’ve gone back to therapy. More on that another day)
- I will seek out things that make me laugh.
- I will do a little bit of cleaning each day.
- I will practice the scriptures I’m memorizing every day.
- I will distract myself from negative thoughts by any means necessary. Mostly likely by reading, playing candy crush, and texting with friends.
- I will be wearing my St. Patrick’s Day attire this week.
- I will celebrate my 36th birthday!!!!!
That’s right my birthday is this month. I happen to be one of those people who loves birthdays. I love my birthday and celebrating other people’s birthdays too. That should be a highlight of this week despite feeling helpless.